SOUTHFIELD–Kathryn Wrench, executive director of sponsored research and educational grants at Lawrence Technological University, joined the MITech.TV podcast Monday, Oct. 9 to provide details on a series of grants the private university has received recently, pushing LTU over the $3 million milestone three months into the 2023 fiscal year with a $5 million fiscal year in sight for fiscal 2025.
In this video interview, she answers the following questions:
- Part of Lawrence Technological University’s strategic plan is to become an “R2” research university, could you talk about what R2 means?
- What kinds of research is happening at Lawrence Tech?
- How does research influence the educational experience of a student? What’s the value proposition to a student?
- What is a significant shift that you see in research in higher education happening in the next 10 years?
- What is a significant shift that’s happened in the past 10 years and how has it affected where we are today?
- You were also recently awarded a grant from the National Science Foundation that’s about building capacity for research in an institution, could you tell us about that?
To watch the video, visit https://youtu.be/eiVo8Ry-16w