TROY–Automation Alley’s Integr8 Industry 4.0 conference will once again include a 3d printer pitch competition with the grand prize of–what else?–a state-of-the-art 3d printer.
The event, hosted by the Michigan Economic Development Corp.’s Pure Michigan Business Connect program, will be held Tuesday, May 9 at the Suburban Collection Showplace, 46100Grand River Ave., Novi.
The competition is for manufacturers interested in competing for a Mark Two (Gen2) 3D printer to integrate into their manufacturing business. The competition focuses on how an industrial 3D printer can solve a labor, capacity, or process challenge and support overall business.
Selected applicants will be invited to an in-person pitch competition on May 9, during the Integr8 Conference.
The grand prize is a Markforged Mark Two (Gen2) 3D Printer and a 1-year Advance Subscription package.
To apply, visit https://pmbc.connect.space/3d_printer_pitch_competition/forms.
Businesses interested in participating must complete an application by April 6.
Participating businesses must meet the following criteria:
* Businesses must be a manufacturer with a manufacturing facility in Michigan
* Businesses must be classified as a small business by the Small Business Administration
* Businesses must be an Essential Member with Automation Alley (free) or be an existing Automation Alley member. For more information and to sign-up visit: https://www.automationalley.co…
Each business invited to pitch will be asked to highlight the following items in their 4-minute pitch:
* Briefly introduce business
* Clearly define a problem or inefficiency
* Specify how a 3D printer will solve the problem
* Communicate the impact of this project
Successful applicants will be invited to participate in the Integr8 conference by April 28.
Second prize in the event is a Markforged Onyx One (Gen2) Desktop Series Printer with additional wrap-around services. Third prize is a $5,000 credit toward a project with the Industry 4.0 Accelerator.
All other competitors may receive a technology assessment from the Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center. Applicants can also receive an Automation Alley Leadership Evaluation to assess their readiness to adopt I4.0 technology. And as a manufacturer, all applicants receive a free ticket to Integr8.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
More about Integr8 at www.integr8conference.com/