TROY–Meritor Inc. (NYSE: MTOR) announced that it has published its 2021 Sustainability Report,which is now available on the company’s website at meritor.com.
Highlights from this year’s report include the following:
* Review of all-electric, zero-emission ePowertrain lineup
* Workforce diversity and employee engagement strategy
* Expanded disclosures, including under both the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) to enhance ESG disclosure
* Established greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) base year and summarized first GHG reduction targets
* Third party limited assurance of its scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions base year data.
Meritor is committed to transparency and will report progress toward these goals annually.
“We made significant progress in the past year on multiple sustainability efforts,” said Chris Villavarayan, Meritor’s chief executive officer and president. “As a global manufacturing company, we understand the impact of our actions and will operate with a focus on resource efficiency and circularity in all our facilities.”