ANN ARBOR—The Michigan Angel Community will host its annual Michigan Celebrates Angels event, virtually, on April 20, from 10 a.m. to noon. The event, featuring early-stage investors and startups, will include:
- The results of the 2020 Michigan Angel report, detailing activity throughout the state
- New Michigan angel groups, Commune Angels, Ark Angels, and Pointe Angels
- A panel discussion highlighting the history and exit of successful startup Tetra Therapeutics
- Keynote presentation by Irish Angels
“Angel activity in Michigan last year was very supportive and active despite the pandemic,” said Skip Simms, managing director of the Michigan Angel Community. “The Michigan Celebrates Angels event is a great opportunity to hear about angel investing trends and successes from noted experts. The agenda is designed to give a top to bottom overview of how investors and companies alike, as well as our broader economy, benefitted from angel investment activity in 2020.”
The goal of the Michigan Angel Community’s annual research report is to uncover the activity and trends in the state’s angel investment market and community in 2020. Data for the report were collected in the first months of 2021 through surveys sent out to angels and entrepreneurs and using databases like the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s EDGAR system (Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval) and Pitchbook.
Among the key 2020 metrics compiled were:
- Total angel investment in Michigan in 2020
- Number of companies that received angel investment
- Investments by sector and geography
- Angels by group
- Investments by type
Michigan Celebrates Angels is a free event, but registration is required. For more information or to register, visit www.AnnArborUSA.org/events/michigan-celebrates-angels/. More at www.michiganangels.org.