CANTON TWP.—Officials at Lotus International Co., a Shell consumer products brand licensee, announced the debut of Shell Ride SR-5S e-scooter in North America. This is the first offering in the Shell e-mobility line of products.
The electric SR-5S boasts a sleek design and provides a lower-carbon means of transport for personal journeys. Its features include:
- Front-wheel motor with a 350-watt capacity;
- Maximum speed of 15.5 miles per hour and a maximum range of 18 miles on a full charge;
- Cruise control and three separate speed modes;
- Strong safety features, including dual-braking functionality;
- Folding mechanism for easy storage and transportation;
- A strong chassis and hybrid wheels for greater stability and ride comfort, and;
- The companion Shell RIDE app (available for Android and iOS devices) controls speed modes, lighting modes, a trip computer, security features, and more.
“The Shell Ride e-scooter is a fun, reliable, and low-emission personal transportation method for life’s short journeys; whether it’s your ride to work or school, a spin in the park, or exploring a new city,” said Darren S. Ivey, director of sales and marketing for Lotus.
In the U.S., 46 percent of journeys are made by cars travelling less than three miles. Electric scooters provide a simple-to-use, lower-carbon solution for these journeys. According to the 2019 EPA Automotive Trends Report, the average passenger car emits approximately 0.78 pounds of CO2 per mile driven, about 2.34 pounds of CO2 for every three mile trip.
With a suggested retail price of $769, the Shell Ride SR-5S e-scooter is currently available for pre-order in the U.S. on Amazon.com and will be available at QVC, Walmart.com as well as other retailers in Canada and Mexico in the coming months.
Lotus is an integrated specialty technology firm that is responsible for sales, marketing, distribution, and service of Shell brand e-mobility products. More at www.shellride.com.