FARMINGTON HILLS—The information management company Gale has launched Gale In Context: For Educators’ new Learning Center, an on-demand professional learning hub for finding, organizing and learning how to teach—virtually or in-person—using the content created within the For Educators database.
Company officials say teachers can now take control of their own professional learning and find support as they work to use For Educators to drive student learning outcomes.
Studies show that lack of training and ongoing support around using technology for classroom instruction is a major pain point for educators, who increasingly rely on tools for teaching in remote, in-person or hybrid learning environments. With the Learning Center, educators get on-demand training that provides immediate access to support and guidance, anytime, anywhere.
“In the last nine months, we have repeatedly seen educators given access to teaching tools without the support they need or the time for formal training,” said Paul Gazzolo, senior vice president and general manager at Gale. “The For Educators Learning Center enables teachers to take the lead, with on-demand training built right into their workflow to get up and running fast.”
For Educators’ new Learning Center includes:
- Nearly 30 on-demand training videos, ranging from 1-3 minutes on how to find classroom-ready resources, organize them for lessons and teach students with materials created in For Educators.
- Tips and tricks on how to make the most of product tools and features.
- Step-by-step tutorials that introduce For Educators tools and provide real-world examples on how to use the solution to plan instruction, teach independent research and collaborate with colleagues.
- Sample lesson content sets to download and use immediately or customize for later use.
- A staff on-boarding plan to help plan formal professional learning sessions with the Learning Center.
- Easy to access answers to the most commonly-asked questions and more.
Gale In Context: For Educators is a lesson planning tool that enables educators to find and personalize digital learning content, plan learning activities that work well for remote or in-person environments and provide equity for all students. Fueled by content from the Gale In Context student databases, it includes custom lesson plans and exclusive tools to help educators teach with easily-sharable, curriculum-aligned resources, while enabling seamless collaboration within and across schools and districts.
Gale will showcase Gale In Context: For Educators’ new Learning Center at the Future of Education Technology (FETC) Virtual Conference, Jan. 26-29 and at the Texas Computer Education Association (TCEA) Virtual Conference, Feb. 1-5 at the Gale virtual booth.
For more information or to request a trial, visit the Gale In Context: For Educators webpage.