GRAND RAPIDS—Officials at X-Rite Inc., the Grand Rapids-based developer of color management, measurement and communication technologies, announced the immediate availability of the i1Display Studio and i1Display Pro Plus, new hardware and software for color calibration and profiling of displays, laptops, and projectors.
The i1Display Pro has been the professional choice for high-level, on-screen color accuracy for discerning photographers, imaging professionals, and display manufacturers for more than eight years. X-Rite extends this legacy for photographers and filmmakers alike with the i1Display Studio, an easy-to-use, affordable, yet professional system, and the i1Display Pro Plus, to color manage super-bright, HD, and HDR display technology.
Key features include:
- The technologically advanced i1Display Studio instrument: an ergonomically designed colorimeter with advanced optical technology and filter set
- 3-in-1 functionality, designed to easily switch between display or projector profiling and ambient light capture
- i1Studio software for display and projector profiling
- Mobile Device Calibration with free ColorTRUE mobile app
- Intelligent Iterative Profiling to accurately measure the color capabilities of a display
- Custom control of white point, luminance, contrast ratio, and gamma
- Color match up to four separate displays for color accuracy
- Measurement and compensation of ambient lighting conditions
- FlareCorrect for display surface flare measurement and compensation
- Video Standards Support: NTSC, PAL SECAM, Rec. 709, Rec. 2020 and DCI-P3
- Profile validation and reminder to view before and after results with included images or load your own
i1Display Pro Plus contains all the in-depth features found in i1Display Pro to profile monitors, projectors and mobile devices, plus these additional features:
- Accurately measure luminance/brightness levels up to 2000 nits
- Obtain correct neutral detail levels and higher accuracy in dark colors with new black current subtraction technology, especially beneficial on OLED displays or any display that can achieve close to zero black point
- BT.1886 default gamma curve – the standard for HDTV – is especially beneficial for 3D LUT workflows and HDR supported displays to minimize clipping in dark area as well as achieve better behavior in blacks and smooth to ideal detail levels
- USB-C compatible with included USB-C to USB-A adapter
“Professional and passionate photographers and filmmakers who are concerned about color perfection know that having properly calibrated and profiled displays is an essential and critical component for a successful and efficient creative workflow,” said X-Rite Global Business Unit Manager Liz Quinlisk. “The new i1Display Studio and i1Display Pro Plus, coupled with our current number one seller, the i1Display Pro, provides every level of user with optimally calibrated displays, projectors and mobile devices, consistently and easily. This ensures a user’s digital files will be viewed and shared accurately to enable faithful reproduction every time.”ew
The new kits include:
- i1 ColorChecker Photo Kit – includes i1Display Studio and ColorChecker Passport 2
- i1 ColorChecker Pro Photo Kit– includes i1Display Pro and ColorChecker Passport 2
- i1 ColorChecker Filmmaker Kit – includes i1Display Pro Plus and ColorChecker Video
Each kit is offered at a reduced price compared to purchasing separately.
The new i1Display Studio, i1Display Pro Plus, and the new i1 Kits will be shipping in September from X-Rite (in North America and Europe) online stores as well as from the company’s worldwide network of resellers.
More about X-Rite at xritephoto.com