TROY—The Troy-based engineering technology developer Altair has released the list of keynote speakers for the 2019 Global Altair Technology Conference.
The event will be held Thursday and Friday, Oct. 10 and 11, at the MGM Grand Detroit, 1777 Third Ave. in Detroit.
The speakers are:
* Naveed and Samiya Parvez, co-founders of Andiamo—not the Detroit-area restaurant chain, but a London based medical wearables developer.
* David Cohen, technical director of the air platform systems engineering department in the U.S. Naval Air Systems Command in Patuxent River, Md.
* James Truskin, technical fellow in body architecture at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in Auburn Hills.
* Rob Miller, chief marketing officer at Hyperloop Transportation Technologies Inc., a startup in Playa Vista, Calif. that is developing an 800-mph ground transportation system based on the Hyperloop concept, first envisioned by billionaire Elon Musk in 2013.
* Tejas Karmarkar, senior principal product manager for Oracle Corp., the Santa Clara, Calif.-based software giant.
* Carlos Eduardo Lopes, global director of advanced engineering at Maxion Wheels, a wheel manufacturing subsidiary of Iochpe-Maxion S.A., based in São Paulo, Brazil.
* Josh Elvander, vice president of global engineering at Terrafugia, a Chinese-owned company based on Woburn, Mass. that is developing a flying car.
In addition to the keynotes, the conference will feature panel discussions on future vehicle powertrains, accelerating innovation, transforming manufacturing, wireless technologies, vehicle electrification, and more.
More information is available at https://atc.altair.com/2019-global-atc/.