DETROIT — The Motion + Power Technology Expo, formerly Gear Expo, has expanded their educational offerings as part of this year’s event, taking place Oct. 15-17 in Detroit.
For the first time, the event will offer an all new MPT Conference program with 16 sessions offered in two tracks: Business and Emerging Technology. Attendees will learn from industry experts on topics including cybersecurity, supply chain, 3D printing, robotics and much more.
The event is produced by the American Gear Manufacturers Association (AGMA) and the National Fluid Power Association (NFPA) and will be co-located with the ASM Heat Treating Society Conference and Exposition.
The following conference sessions will be taking place Oct. 16 and 17:
* Improve In-Transit Visibility to Reduce Supply Chain – presented by CalAmp
* Economic Outlook and Trends within the Industrial Fluid Power Market – presented by Oxford Economics
* Blockchain: The Future of Manufacturing – presented by SIMBA Chain
* Effective Contract Negotiations: The Path to Commercial Success with Large OE Customers – presented by Rouse Contract Consultants, LLC
* The Evolution of the Automotive Powertrain – presented by IHS Markit
* Workforce Development Using a Farm Team Approach – presented by Scot Forge
* Cybersecurity Hygiene in Motion – presented by (ISC)2 Central Florida Chapter
* Hire Like Nobody’s Business – presented by Diversified Industrial Staffing
* Simplifying Industrial IoT for Discrete Manufacturers – presented by MachineMetrics
* The Future of eMobility in the Commercial Vehicle Space – presented by Meritor
* Processes and New Machines for 3D Printing Metal – presented by The Barnes Group Advisors
* The End of Fear: How Collaborative Industrial Robots Will Change Durable Goods Manufacturing – presented by Veo Robotics
* Standards for IIoT Interoperability – presented by MTConnect
* Losing Teeth? The Future of Gear Trains in the Age of Electrification – presented by Schaeffler
* Materials Challenges and Solutions in Additive Manufacturing – presented by QuesTek Innovations LLC
* Collaborative Operation in Industry Today – presented by FANUC America Corporation
More than 4,000 professionals and more than 300 exhibitors are expected to attend the event, which will also offer the AGMA Fall Technical Meeting and short course technical programs from AGMA and NFPA in several education seminars. There will also be networking receptions, private meetings, one-on-one time with suppliers, exchanges in the education sessions, and mingling with colleagues on the show floor. For more information, visit http://www.MotionPowerExpo.com/.