AUBURN HILLS—FCA US LLC has announced the launch of Uconnect Market, a new in-vehicle commerce platform that will give customers a wide range of opportunities for convenience and savings from their vehicles’ touch screens.
Customers will be able to order food, make dinner reservations, find the nearest gas station, find and pay for parking spots and more with the system, which will begin rolling out after July 1.
The lineup of brands participating in the Uconnect Market platform at launch includes Shell, Domino’s Pizza, Park Whiz and Yelp Reservations.
“Our customers live busy lives, and our goal with the Uconnect platform is to provide an advanced portfolio of services to make their daily drive more convenient, productive and enjoyable,” said Alan D’Agostini, global head of connected services at FCA. “This is why we are launching Uconnect Market, as we continue to ramp-up our connectivity efforts around the world with the goal of having all new FCA vehicles connected by 2022.”
Uconnect Market includes the following services:
- Wallet: When setting up a Uconnect Market account, vehicle owners can enroll a credit card for use with selected Uconnect Market partners
- Service: Consumers will have access to national Mopar service offers, the ability to locate a certified Mopar service center and schedule service appointments
- Fuel: Owners can view a list of nearby fuel stations and authorize a fuel pump charge at participating Shell stations by using Shell Pay & Save program
- Food: The platform uses Yelp to display a list of nearby restaurants by category; consumers also have the option to make reservations at participating restaurants
- Parking: Find, book and pay for parking at thousands of garages across North America through ParkWhiz, an Arrive-powered brand
Uconnect Market was developed in partnership with Seattle-based Xevo, recently acquired by Lear Corp. The platform will deploy in the second half of 2019 via an over-the-air (OTA) update for model-year 2019 and 2020 Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram brand vehicles equipped with connected services and the latest generation of 8.4-inch touchscreens, and will continue as a carryover feature for future models equipped with the 8.4-inch touchscreen.
The Uconnect Market introduction follows the recent FCA announcement of a new in-vehicle “ecosystem” using Harman (Samsung) and Google Technologies. The new system will promptly and securely manage in-vehicle and additional data using an architecture based on the Harman Ignite cloud-based platform. It will also be powered by Android, offering a strong, proven and intuitive app-based environment that provides fresh content via OTA updates, fast interaction and seamless wireless integration with the customer’s mobile devices.
The key components of the new “ecosystem” will start to rollout in phases across global regions during the second half of 2019, and all new FCA vehicles will be connected by 2022.
More at www.driveuconnect.com.