CANTON TWP. – TrialAssure, a clinical trial management software developer, announced the limited release of Anonymize.DS, an all-new software-as-a-service application that allows sponsors to anonymize clinical trial data automatically.
“In order to share data, it has to be done in a way that protects patient privacy,” said Zach Weingarden, product solutions manager at TrialAssure. He said the new software product “solves an industry-wide problem of balancing this need while maintaining the data’s utility. TrialAssure is one of the first groups to automate the anonymization of datasets, and we will continue to stay at the forefront of the market with new technology methods.”
The company said Anonymize.DS accomplishes the following:
- transforms original data into anonymized data using industry-standard techniques that can be reused and customized for each dataset
- assigns a risk score associated with the re-identification of this data based on thresholds set by the sponsor
- is entirely configurable to sponsor specifications
- was built from the ground up with input from data experts, and
- drives efficiency with modern machine learning technology in mind.
“The pharmaceutical industry is moving towards sharing data more openly. Health authorities and scientific journal editors alike may require greater levels of data transparency in the not-so-distant future,” TrialAssure CIO Mohamad Zahreddine said. “Sharing this patient-level data for greater consumption will only improve the Good Pharma Scorecard for any company that uses our software.”
Company officials said Anonymize.DS is part of a fully integrated suite of transparency tools, allowing information to be shared among health authorities without compromising patient privacy. “In the age of big data, research organizations can leverage pre-existing, anonymized data to speed-up the development process for life-changing medicines,” Zahreddine adds.
Anonymize.DS is now available to select sponsors for limited release, with full deployment scheduled for fall 2019. To be part of the limited release, submit an inquiry at www.trialassure.com/contact-us