ANN ARBOR — LLamasoft, the developer of supply chain optimization software and services, has launched Demand Guru, new software for demand modeling.
LLamasoft officials said the software improves on earlier methods of demand forecasting by considering several drivers of demand — seasonality, consumer trends, product lifecycles, and other business and external factors. Companies can use the software to test many future demand scenarios based on those drivers.
They said the software enables companies to rapidly and accurately quantify which market factors specifically influence demand of their product – enabling more specific analysis and precise decision-making based on more accurate information.
Key elements of Demand Guru include:
* Machine Learning Algorithms – which detect unobvious relationships and correlation patterns within your demand.
* Causative Modeling – Easily conduct exploratory demand modeling with the ability to build infinite demand models that capture all types of demand complexity, along with business and external influencers.
* Data Cube – Users can access an abundance of weather and economic time series datasets to identify cause and effect relationships that can help better predict short, medium and long-term future demand.
* Automatic Model Selection and Optimization – The software automatically selects the most accurate forecasting techniques to project demand into the future.
* Exploratory Visual Modeling – Users can quickly model a variety of demand drivers and quantify their impact in an interactive, easy-to-understand visual manner, making it possible to share with executives across the company.
* Repeatable, Easily Deployable Workflow – The software enables users to deploy and persist demand models across all LLamasoft’s products and solutions through a repeatable workflow.
* Tightly Integrated with Data Blending Actions and Connectors – Demand Guru offers quick access to data blending tools, making it easy to manipulate ERP data into the format you desire to forecast.
“Accurate demand modeling is a crucial element of proper supply chain design,” said LLamasoft President and CEO Don Hicks. “We built Demand Guru to improve understanding of customer demand drivers and patterns – including everything from procurement policies to seasonal trends, competitive moves and weather effects – so that better, more accurate decisions can be made earlier than ever before and integrated into the overall design process.”
More at www.llamasoft.com.