DETROIT — AT&T has upgraded its network in several areas throughout Michigan to give customers faster, more reliable wireless service.
AT&T says it boosted its mobile internet coverage at Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital in West Bloomfield Township. The company added a 4G LTE Distributed Antenna System (DAS), a network of numerous small antennas that shorten the distance a call or text must travel. The upgrade is intended to give customers stronger connections.
Other upgrades include the following areas:
* Benton Harbor, Berrien County
* Berrien Springs, Berrien County, on the east side of the campus of Andrews University, near Timberland Drive and Hillcrest Drive
* Coldwater, Branch County, in the area of I-69, south of East State Street.
* Comstock Park, Kent County
* Galien, Berrien County
* Grand Rapids, Kent County, several locations — Breton Road SE and Elmwood Drive SE; Bristol Avenue NW and Hayes Street; Eastern Avenue SE and Wealthy Street SE; Alpine Avenue NW and US-131
* Kentwood, Kent County
* New Troy, Berrien County
* St. Joseph, Berrien County
The new St. Joseph site is located on a rooftop south of Napier Road, east of Morton Avenue, providing additional coverage to St. Joseph, Benton Harbor and surrounding areas.
For more information on AT&T coverage, visit https://www.att.com/maps/reseller.html.