DETROIT — AT&T Inc. announced Friday that it is now covering more of southeast Michigan with it 4G network.
The telecom giant says it upgraded 10 cell sites in the city and the improvements will make the cell sites stronger in order to handle more traffic, resulting in faster speeds and more reliable service.
The upgraded cell sites in are located in multiple areas throughout the following counties:
• Sterling Heights — south of M-59, along Utica and Ryan roads
• Warren –in the vicinity of the city’s wastewater treatment plant, south of E. 14 Mile Road and east of Van Dyke Avenue
• Washington Township – at Mound and E. Romeo roads
• Farmington Hills, three sites — west of Halsted Road, east of M-5, near Independence Green Apartments; in the area of Orchard Lake and 10 Mile roads and north of 11 Mile between Inkster and Middlebelt roads
• Southfield, two sites — Telegraph Road, between 12 and 13-Mile Roads; east of Southfield Freeway, north of Eight Mile Road, near Magnolia Parkway
• West Bloomfield Township — near Commerce and Willow roads, east of Union Lake Road
• Fort Gratiot – south of M-136, between State and Campbell roads
• Port Huron – between Kraft Road and Sanborn Street, along M-25
• Dearborn – near W. Outer Drive and Rotunda Drive
• Detroit (two sites) – south of 8 Mile Road, near Outer Drive East; East Remington Avenue and Outer Drive West, near West Nichols Road
• Grosse Pointe — in the area of Kercheval and East Jefferson avenues, near Cadieux Road
• Riverview – between Sibley and King roads, near Coachwood Road
AT&T launched 4G LTE in Detroit in September 2012. The company says it invested more than $1.7 billion in wireless and wired networks in Michigan between 2012 through 2014. This drives a wide range of upgrades to reliability, coverage, speed and performance for residents and business customers.
Over the last six years (2009-2014), AT&T invested nearly $140 billion including investments in its wireless and wireline networks and acquisitions of wireless spectrum and operations. Since 2009, AT&T has invested more in the U.S. than any other public company.
More at http://about.att.com.