SOUTHFIELD — The Engineering Society of Detroit and the Michigan Waste Industries Association will sponsor their 25th annual Solid Waste Technical Conference Friday, March 6 at the Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center on the campus of Michigan State University in East Lansing.
The conference is designed to educate attendees on emerging technologies and regulatory changes that affect the solid waste industry. It will bring together national experts to present on issues at the forefront of solid waste management.
Whether you’re in private industry, a government employee, a consultant, or an equipment supplier, this conference will provide you the opportunity to:
* Network with top local specialists and professionals in the field
* Hear from industry leaders about the latest technology and regulatory information
* Learn from presentations and case studies
* Gain information from presentations addressing current issues and changes
The cost of the March 6 conference is $175 for ESD and MWIA members, $200 for nonmembers, $50 for students nad $150 for government employees.
There’s also a pre-conference training day Thursday, March 5 designed to provide practical guidance and live demonstrations. The cost of the training day is $225 for members of ESD and MWIA, or for employees of the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, and $300 for nonmembers.
To register for this event, call (248) 353-0735, ext. 222. The event qualifies for continuing education units from the Solid Waste Association of North America and the state of Indiana.
Exhibitor spaces are available for $400, which includes a six- or eight-foot tabletop display in a conference exhibitor room and admission for one onsite representative to the conference sessions and the continental breakfast, lunch and reception. Additional staff members may attend for $100 each.
To purchase an exhibitor space or become a sponsor, call (248) 353-0735, ext. 152, or email email@example.com.
Also, additional staff from any sponsoring company or organization will receive conference day registration at a discount rate of $100 per person.
Sponsorships are available at the following levels:
* Platinum, $5,000, Training Day lunch sponsor, four complimentary registrations, a tabletop display area, signage and a speaking spot from the podium.
* Gold, $2,000, Breaks and Reception sponsor, three complimentary registrations, a table top display area, signage and recognition from the podium.
* Silver, $1,000, which includes two complimentary registrations, a tabletop display area, signage and recognition from the podium.
* Event, $500, which includes one complimentary registration and recognition from the podium.
For hotel accommodations contact the Kellogg Center at (517) 432-4000 or (800) 875-5090. Mention that you are with the ESD Solid Waste Conference Group to get the special rate.