SOUTHFIELD — Online registration ends soon for INNO-VENTION 2014, Southeastern Michigan’s premier health care and life science conference.
The event, now in its third year, is set for Oct. 21-22 at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi. Register online at MedicalMainStreet.com. The $149 price includes a networking reception, the conference and luncheon.
Inno-Vention 2014 includes:
• A pre-conference networking reception
• Hands-on interactive medical technologies in Demonstration Alley
• An expanded commercialization competition, during which entrepreneurs pitch new investment opportunities to potential investors
• The Michigan Economic Development Corp.’s Pure Michigan Business Connect program, offering matchmaking with purchasing agents from major health care providers
• Concurrent industry break-out sessions on topics like intellectual property, accountable care organizations, wellness, and mobile health care
• The Inno-Vator of the Year Award luncheon
• A discussion on future trends in health employment
Last year’s conference attracted more than 600 health professionals. The conference reached another 95,000 people in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia through social media.
Krischa Winright, chief information officer for Priority Health and vice president of information technology for Spectrum Health, will be the keynote speaker. Winright will present “Digital Web & Mobile Experience: What Does It Really Mean for Healthcare?”
Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson created the Medical Main Street program in 2008 to boost life sciences employment in the county. The Medical Main Street board includes Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Beaumont Health System, Beckman Coulter Molecular Diagnostics, Crittenton Hospital, DMC, Ferndale Laboratories, Henry Ford Health Systems, Housey Pharmaceuticals, McLaren Health Care, MichBio, State Rep. Gail Haines, R-Waterford, Oakland Community College, Oakland University, Oxus Inc., Priority Health, Rockwell Medical Technologies, St. John Providence Health System, St. Joseph Mercy Oakland and Stryker.
For more information on how to get involved, conference sponsorships and programming, visit MedicalMainStreet.com.