SOUTHFIELD — Registration is now open for the 2014 Michigan Cyber Luncheon Series visit to Traverse City, Tuesday, Aug. 12 at the Grand Traverse Resort.
The luncheon series has already seen well-attended sessions in Marquette and Detroit. It is a follow-up to the sold-out Michigan Cyber Summit 2013 hosted last fall by Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder.
This series will provide updates to the Michigan Cyber Initiative designed for the online safety and security of Michigan citizens, education, business and industry.
Presentations will focus on a comprehensive, forward-looking blueprint to enhance safety and allow for Michigan to reap the economic benefits of the growing cyber security industry.
Register today to make sure you have a seat!
The dynamic speaker line-up includes:
• Dr. Larry Ponemon, Chairman & Founder, The Ponemon Institute
• Dan Lohrmann, Chief Security Officer, State of Michigan
• Brigadier General Michael Stone, Assistant Adjutant General-Installations, Michigan National Guard, Department of Military and Veterans Affairs
• David Martin, Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) – Cyber Task Force
• William J. “Joe” Adams, Ph.D., Vice President of Research and Cyber Security, Merit Network
• Ryan Winn, Director of Information Systems, Munson Healthcare
• Deb Fellows, Founder and President, MyNorth Media
• And more!
Topics to include:
• Hot issues in Cyber – What it means to Business, Education, Law Enforcement and Families!
• Cyber Security and Global Threats – Are We Ready?
• Privacy – What’s Hot, What’s Not
Please be sure to visit the event website for up-to-date agenda information: http://events.esd.org/CyberAwarenessLuncheons.aspx.
The event begins with registration and networking at 9:30 a.m., panels and speakers from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., lunch from 12:20 to 12:55 p.m., and Dr. Ponemon’s keynote from 12:55 to 1:30 p.m.
The cost to attend the event is only $25. There’s a discount price of $20 for students and members of InfraGard, the West Michigan Cyber Security Consortium, ISACA, ISSA, MI-ISAC, Mi-GMIS and WC4.
For more information, contact Leslie Smith, CMP, at (248) 353-0735, ext. 152, or firstname.lastname@example.org.